Saturday 17 October 2009

Shuffle Sunday

This is the first of my playlists to help ease your Sunday into Monday. Get it on your mp3 players people - it will make the transition to the new working week much easier.

This week I've chosen a mix of dirty, funky, electronica. I hope you enjoy them as much as me.

Shuffle Sunday - 18/10/09 (access to Spotify required)

Amanda Blank - Might Like You Better
Amanda Blank could most definately give Mistress Wanda a run for her money. She's got more
front than Brighton. The nerve of this tune really makes me laugh.

Neon Neon - Sweat Shop
I know this tune from the Stainless Steel album wasn't popular amongst everyone, but it's actually my favourite. It's just so filthy!

Har Mar Superstar - Power Lunch
An oldie but still a goodie. The first tune by Har Mar I ever heard and from then I was in love.

Dan Black - Pump My Pumps
A momentary move away from the smut towards a feel good party tune. Is it just me or does the chorus sound a little bit like Devil Woman by Cliff Richard?

The Young Knives - The Decision (Datarock remix)
Ok so this is a bit of a red herring. I'm not a massive fan of The Young Knives particularly and I was actually looking for Datarock's Give It Up, but it wasn't on Spotify. However I stumbled upon this and actually thought it rocked. Do check out other Datarock stuff though. I saw them at last year's Camden Crawl and they blew the roof off.

Simeon Mobile Disco - Audacity Of Huge
A bag of Bill Murray, Damien Hirst Telephone, Check got that gold-thronged studded alligator leather. What can I say - it's huge!

Peaches - Fuck The Pain Away
Another oldie, but again another master of smut.

New Young Pony Club - Ice Cream
This is one of the tunes that I remember most from Glastonbury 2007...and I didn't even see them. My friend was singing it, I was a little worse for wear, it was very funny...probably enough said about that. It's a great tune.

Empire of the Sun - Swordfish Hotkiss Night
I'm slightly obsessed with the lovely Aussie boys and their funny hats. I think this is them at their most filthy and funky.

No comments:

Post a Comment