Saturday 24 April 2010

Playlist dedicated to the London Marathon runners

Every year it never fails to amaze me how people manage to run 26 miles around London, come rain or shine. As I did my pitiful 3 mile jog this morning I did wonder if I could ever take a on a challenge like that. After much thought I decided...no, probably not!

One thing that really does help when you're running is having the right tunes. It can totally lift your spirits when you hit that wall. Last night on BBC 6 Music, Steve 'the legend' Lamaq was doing a playlist for London Marathon runners. In the spirit of plagarism I have decided to do the same. However I'm dedicating mine to my lovely friends who are putting themselves through the ridiculous ordeal in the aid of two excellent charities - Anti Slavery International and Health Poverty Action. If someone hasn't tapped you up for money yet then please follow those links and sponsor them. Alternatively suggest some music that they should list to during tomorrow's race. At 19.5 miles they might very well need it.

Here's my choice.

The Chemical Brothers - Hey Boy Hey Girl
Delphic - Counterpoint
UNKLE - Reign
Simian Mobile Disco - Turn Up The Dial
Foals - Red Sox Pugie
Queens of the Stone Age - Noone Knows
Kings of Leon - The Bucket
The Hours - Ali in the Jungle
Maxïmo Park - Our Velocity
Muse - Knights of Cydonia
Queens of the Stone Age - Feel Good Hit of the Summer
Scissor Sisters Scissor Sisters - Filthy/Georgeous
Zoot Woman - We Won't Break
The Go! Team - Pantha Dash

No comments:

Post a Comment